Second series of of my free brush sets, all for FREE. This time I made a smaller set, and picked the brushes I use the most, not including a brush for line art, since that is very standard.
*NOTE THAT YOU MUSH HAVE A DRAWING TABLET TO ENABLE THE FEATURES AND EFFECTS ON THESE BRUSHES!*
I hope this helps, and here is a small description for each brush:
1. Fur and Basic Shading
- I use this one the most of the four, because it is very simple and is good for basic shading. I also really like using this brush for realistic fur or grass.
Here is an example of a drawing I made almost entirely with this brush:
2. The Speedpainter:
- I really like using this one for speed painting backgrounds. it works easy, and tilts with your Wacom (or other tablet's) pen.
3. Stars and Dots
- Well, the name already explains it mostly. I like using this brush to make stars in the sky or effects on dirt/ground, where the dirt is 'flying' or falling'.
*Tip about the stars:
1. When working with Photoshop (maybe also other programs like SAI, but i am not sure; I have never worked with other programs) you can add a 'glow' effect, for a better-looking star (in my opinion). I usually add a glow around it.
2. you can use brush #1 (fur and basic shading) for an eraser, because you most likely will get a lot of stars, probably more than you want. I usually use brush #1 to erase the stars I don't want.
Here is an example of a drawing I used this brush (for the stars in the bg):
4. Dirt Spots
- Again, the title already sort of explains it: dirt spots. you can use this for a dirt texture, or just a texture for your background.
Here is an example of a drawing I used this brush for the bg: (I blurred them out a bit though, but the base is from this brush)
(sorry for not having a lot of examples on this brush, I newly created it )
Hope this helps, and feel free to download!
-Please FAV OR COMMENT when you download and use them! thank you